Gingy mentions the Muffin Man while being interrogated by Lord Farquaad, who had just threatened to remove one of his gumdrop buttons. But the interrogation gets cut off shortly upon the arrival of the Magic Mirror.
The Muffin Man appears in Gingy's memories. Gingy recalls when he first came out of the oven, the Muffin Man cries "Gingy!", to which Gingy replies "Papa!".
He makes a cake for Shrek and presents it to him. After the Three Little Pigs eat it, he easily makes another. Once Shrek smashes the second cake, he and Gingy stare and Gingy's pants fall down in shock. In the universe where Shrek doesn't exist, he creates the warrior Gingy.
In The Bride of Gingy, he makes Gingy a new girlfriend named Sugar. He tells Gingy that she contains the most sugar ever put in a cookie. But since Gingy made the story up, its not known if she was even real.
The Muffin Man makes a cameo as one of the judges for the "Happy Endings Fitness Tournament".
He appears in the background of the theater with Mabel on his shoulder when Shrek wakes from his nightmare. He and Mabel may be in a relationship.
- The Muffin Man is the only nursery rhyme character (aside from The Three Blind Mice) to be prominently featured in the series. Others either had split second cameos or small mentions. However in the latest Netflix installment dream works scary stories many other nursery rhyme characters are mentioned.
- Considering how he created Sugar in Scared Shrekless, it's possible that he could also be a scientist. It might even hint that Gingy and Mongo were creations of science and not magic.
- The Muffin Man's method of creating sentient cookies might involve a combination of meteorology (science of weather) and alchemy (medieval equivalent to chemistry).
- He speaks with a French-like accent.
- In the original Czech dub, the mention of the Muffin Man and his nursery is replaced by one to Maya the Bee and her theme song.