Rapunzel is the secondary antagonist in Shrek the Third. She used to be one of Princess Fiona's friends until she revealed herself to be in on Charming's schemes and as his girlfriend.
While she doesn't physically appear, her star home is seen when Shrek and Fiona are going to the Far Far Away palace.
In Shrek The Third, she is first seen during Fiona's baby shower until Prince Charming invades the castle and the princesses and Queen Lillian escape secretly. Eventually, Rapunzel pretends to find an exit and runs all the way to where Charming really is. The princesses and the Queen follow but are cornered by Charming's knights. Rapunzel then shows off her love and affection towards the Prince and the ladies are imprisoned in a dungeon. While they are imprisoned, Rapunzel is practicing for her role in Prince Charming's play. In the final performance, she sings and acts as a princess on top of a tower (mimicking Princess Fiona, whose situation itself was a mimic of Rapunzel's) but the play was interrupted by all of Shrek's friends and wife. Gingy enters the stage by holding on to her hair as he quickly gets down. He accidentally pulls all of her hair and Rapunzel gasps in horror (when it is revealed that she is actually bald). She later runs off the stage due to the embarrassment; it is unknown what happens to her afterwards.
She was referenced in the episode "Celebrity Fairytale Couples", being paired with Lancelot. Their couple name was "Rapunzelot".
Rapunzel is a very beautiful princess with very long blonde hair (which is later revealed to be a wig) and light green eyes and fair skin. She has some of her hair tied up in a very high updo on top of her head, which is wrapped with a thick braid which flows down from the very top. On the lowest level of her updo, she wears a tiara. She does not have any visible accessories, flowers or other decorations in her hair.
She wears a gold long dress with red stripes on the sleeves, a gold necklace with a flower pendant around her neck and red studded butterfly earrings.
Unlike the rest of the princesses, she betrayed the group by siding with Prince Charming and assists in his evil plans. It is revealed in the end of the movie that she is actually bald and she's wearing a long braided wig. While unlikely, this could be a reference to the fairy tale when the witch cuts off her hair. It should be noted that she actually has a sympathetic side. This is evidenced when she reminds Charming to not hurt Fiona and the princesses and Queen Lillian as he promised. Also, as they are led to their dungeon, she turns back and gave a sorrowful expression on her face. She is snobby, opinionated, vain and doesn't seem to get along with the bossy Snow White in particular.
- Prior to her debut in Shrek the Third, she was referenced in the queue for Shrek 4-D. She had a personal ad which said, "Single shut-in princess seeks anyone with a romantic spirit and a ladder. Must like big hair.".
- Because her mother-in-law’s name is Dama Fortuna, she would inherit the title of Dama (meaning Dame) through her marriage to Charming.
- Este Rapunzel es una de las 2 adaptaciones del personaje para ser villano y heredar el título de la suegra, el otro es Lady Rapunzel Tremaine de Once Upon a time
- The reason why she was bald is because the witch in the grimm's story cuts her hair but maybe Shrek has torn it off
- Prince Charming - it is shown that Charming is Rapunzel's boyfriend. They both seem to be in love with each other when they are seen kissing.