"Robin Hood" is a widely known English folktale.
Long ago, in the city of Nottingham, a thief named Robin Hood stole from the rich and gave to the poor.
Shrek characters and locations based on the folktale
- Monsieur Hood (French version of the titular character)
- Merrymen (Merrymen)
- Friar Tuck (Friar Tuck)
- Sherwood Forest (Sherwood Forest)
- Friar's Fat Boy (Friar Tuck's likeness)
- Despite being an English legend, the nationalities of the characters in the series are French. This was possibly done as irony, since the English have a hatred for the French.
- While not appearing in Shrek 2, both Monsieur Hood, Little John and Friar Tuck are referenced in certain parts of the film ("Baskin Robbin Hood", Lethal Arrow 4, and "Friar's Big Boy").
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.