|[[Wikify]]||This article does not use the Wiki format or is not written in encyclopedic form. Please help the Shrek Wiki by changing the text to Wiki format, or change the style the article is written in to Encyclopedia writing.
Shrek 2 is a video game based on the film of the same name. The player is able to play as Shrek or nine of his friends throughout the game, and travel through 11 levels, while being able to switch between the 4 characters available in each level. It is known on the PC as Shrek 2: Team Action, as the original Shrek 2 game for PC is completely different.
- Shrek's Swamp: Shrek and Fiona have been invited to Far Far Away, but Shrek needs to collect enough eyeballs as food for the long journey ahead.
- Playable Characters: Shrek, Fiona, Donkey, and Gingerbread Man
- Hero Time: Fiona
- Spooky Forest: On the way to Far Far Away, an evil witch transforms the horses on Shrek's carriage back into the three blind mice to use for her witchery. The heroes must protect the mice through the spooky forest as they're being tempted by a trail of cheese left by the witch.
- Playable Characters: Shrek, Fiona, Donkey, and Lil' Red
- Hero Time: Donkey (riding Dragon)
- Far Far Away: Our heroes are appointed the King's deputies to help out with any disasters happening in Far Far Away.
- Playable Characters: Shrek, Fiona, Donkey, and Lil' Red
- Hero Time: Shrek
- Ogre Killer: Shrek and his friends are attacked by Puss in Boots during a walk in the woods.
- Playable Characters: Shrek, Donkey, Gingerbread Man, and Lil' Red
- Walking the Path: Our heroes must make their way over to Jack and Jill's Farm to get a package in order to reach Fairy Godmother's factory
- Playable Characters: Shrek, Donkey, Gingerbread Man, and Puss in Boots
- Hero Time: Puss in Boots
- Jack and Jill's Farm: Our heroes arrive to Jack and Jill's Farm where they find the Three Little Pigs and agree to help complete various chores around the farm.
- Playable Characters: Shrek, Donkey, Gingerbread Man, and Puss in Boots
- Hero Time: Gingerbread Man
- Fairy Godmother's: After being denied a Happily Ever After by the Fairy Godmother, Shrek and his friends break into her factory to get a potion for himself.
- Playable Characters: Shrek, Donkey, Lil' Red, and Puss in Boots
- Hero Time: Lil' Red
- Prison Break: The Big Bad Wolf, Lil' Red, the Gingerbread Man, Tinkerbell, the three blind mice and the three little pigs break into a prison to release Shrek, Donkey and Puss in Boots who have been unjustly imprisoned.
- Playable Characters: The Big Bad Wolf, Lil' Red, Gingerbread Man, and Tinkerbell
- Hero Time: Big Bad Wolf
- The Mines: Our heroes must traverse through the mines of Mt. Grimm as a shortcut to Far Far Away.
- Playable Characters: Human Shrek & Horse Donkey, Gingerbread Man, Big Bad Wolf, and Puss in Boots.
- Hero Time: Human Shrek & Horse Donkey
- Cookie, Cookie: The gang must fight through a chaotic Far Far Away with Mongo helping them.
- Playable Characters: Human Shrek & Horse Donkey, Gingerbread Man, Puss in Boots, and Big Bad Wolf.
- Hero Time: Human Shrek (protecting Mongo)
- Final Fight: With Shrek and Fiona reunited and the Fairy Godmother's plan ruined, she engages our heroes in one final battle.
- Playable Characters: Shrek, Fiona, Donkey, and Puss in Boots.
- Shark Tale: A trailer for the Shark Tale game.
- Ring Coliseum: Collect as many coins as possible in a ring-shaped arena.
- Playable Character: Lil' Red
- Floating Floor: Collect as many coins as possible in an arena filled with water.
- Playable Character: Gingerbread Man
- Cloud Maze: Collect as many coins as possible in a maze above the sky.
- Playable Character: Puss in Boots
- Cage Drop: Collect as many coins as possible in an arena full of cages.
- Playable Character: Big Bad Wolf
- Crash Coliseum: Fight through an arena filled with enemies to get the treasure at the end.
- Playable Characters: Shrek, Fiona, Fairy and Donkey.
- Movie Stills: A slideshow of screenshots from the Shrek 2 movie.
The characters seen in the Shrek 2 game are the same as the Shrek 2 film. Along with bonus fantasy characters.
- Shrek: He is the main protagonist of the game and is forced on an adventure to save his wife, Fiona from Fairy Godmother's plans. He is willing to fight any monster to prove to Fiona's father King Harold that he is worthy to be her husband. Special: Ogre Lifting - Shrek can lift items and dazed enemies and throw them. His Hero Time is in Far Far Away, throwing rioting peasants in a paddy wagon. Voiced by Michael Gough.
- Princess Fiona: Fiona used to live in a tower until Shrek rescued her for Lord Farquaad. The two fell in love and by a curse of a witch, Fiona was turned into an ogre for her love. Now she is joining her husband to Far Far Away to meet her parents. Special: Slow Time - time is slowed down to enhance her fighting, à la The Matrix. Her Hero Time is in Shrek's swamp. She sings with the birds in such a high pitch they explode for Grandma's pie, a reference to Shrek. Voiced by Holly Fields.
- Donkey: Donkey is Shrek's closest friend and although a bit of a coward, he is willing to help Shrek in any adventure. He is married to Dragon, who, unknown to him, is pregnant with his Dronkey babies. Special: Burro Blast - a powerful bucking kick that deals heavy damage to enemies and can break specially-marked locks. His Hero Time comes in the Spooky Forest, where he rides Dragon to save Fiona. Voiced by Mark Moseley.
- Gingerbread Man: Gingy is a Gingerbread man turned alive by his father, the Muffin Man. He was captured by Lord Farquaad but now is ready to help his friend Shrek with his new adventure. Special: Cookie Toss - Cookies are thrown that attract enemies. His Hero Time is in Jack and Jill's Farm, where he must climb the hill to fetch water from Jack's well. Voiced by James Arnold Taylor.
- Lil' Red: Red is a baseball pitcher who joins the group after hitch hiking with them to Far Far Away. Special: Rotten Apple Bomb - Red throws explosive apples that deal heavy damage to enemies. Her Hero Time is in Fairy Godmother's, where she uses her apples to hold back Godmother as the others escape. Voiced by Tara Strong.
- Puss in Boots: Puss is an assassin paid by King Harold to kill Shrek, but is defeated and spared for help in the adventure. Special: Tightrope Walking - Puss can walk on tightropes and chains too narrow for anyone else. His Hero Time is in Walking the Path, where he must use his tight rope special to bring the elevator down from the top of a waterfall. Voiced by André Sogliuzzo.
- Big Bad Wolf: A wolf who wears grandma's nightgown. He is one of the creatures who helps Gingy in the jailbreak. Special: Huff 'N Puff -Wolf can blow enemies away, activate machinery and blow out fires with a powerful gust of air. His Hero Time is in Prison Break, where he must climb the "Stairway of Doom" to save Shrek, Puss, and Donkey. Voiced by James Arnold Taylor (and Aron Warner reprising the role briefly in the game).
- Tinkerbell: She helps Gingy plan the jailbreak of Shrek, Puss, and Donkey and is quite quick to keep Wolf in line. Special: Fairy Dust - Fairy can make allies and enemies float in the air for a limited time. Only seen in the Prison Break level, she is the only playable character without a Hero Time. Voiced by Tara Strong.
- Human Shrek and Horse Donkey: After drinking a Happily Ever After potion, Shrek and Donkey become a handsome hero and a noble steed. Special: Charge - Donkey rushes forwards as Shrek stabs the target with his sword, which can break specially-marked objects. Their Hero Time is in The Mines, where they must chase Fairy Godmother to save Snow White.
- Dragon: Dragon used to be the guardian of Fiona's castle, but after being defeated by Donkey has now fallen in love with him. They are married and Dragon is pregnant with Donkey's six babies. Dragon only appears in Spooky Forest, where Donkey rides her during his Hero Time. Voiced by Frank Welker.
- Magic Mirror: Mirror appears at the beginning of every level to dictate the whereabouts between that connect the story. He also serves as a guide through the game and advises the team on what to do next. Voiced by Mel Fair.
- The Seven Dwarfs: These little workers must be saved by the group around Shrek's Swamp. They are later seen again in The Mines, advising the team on how to get through in return for the rescue of Snow White. Voiced by James Arnold Taylor.
- Crazy Larry: A leprechaun who appears in Shrek's Swamp, Spooky Forest and Walking the Path to charge the group passage through coins or a service. He also sells upgrades that help the team in battle in Spooky Forest, Walking the Path and Prison Break. In Cookie, Cookie, he demands the group pay him a billion coins, only for Mongo to step on him. Voiced by James Arnold Taylor.
- Lil' Red's Grandma: She appears at the end of Shrek's Swamp, waiting for her chicken soup. She resembles the Fairy Godmother, minus the wings, glasses, and wand. Voiced by Vanessa Marshall.
- Three Blind Mice: Friends of Shrek. At the end of Shrek they were turned into horses to pull Shrek and Fiona's carriage. On the way to Far Far Away, the three are turned back into mice as to serve as ingredients in witchery. The three remain mice but are captured during Shrek's jailbreak and are saved by Gingy and the fairytail creatures. Voiced by Chris Knights.
- King Harold: The father of Fiona. He expected to see Fiona married to Prince Charming, but is shocked to find Shrek instead. He teams up with the Fairy Godmother to get rid of Shrek so that Charming can take his place. In the end, Harold finally comes to terms with his daughter's love. Voiced by Michael Gough.
- The Gruff Brothers: Three brothers living on the trail to Jack and Jill's farm. They require the group's help to return them to their homes after a few mishaps with trolls. Voiced by James Arnold Taylor.
- Three Little Pigs: the three pigs are assigned to take care of Jack and Jill's farm while they are away but are too lazy to actually work, so they request the help of Shrek, Donkey, Puss and Gingy in return for the package to sneak into Fairy Godmother's factory. They are afterwards captured during Prison Break but saved by Gingy and the fairytale creatures. Voiced by Cody Cameron.
- Papa Bear: The father of the Bear Family. He is seen in Far Far Away as Mongo is in the city. Papa seems to be more worried about the cities well fare then the citizens. He also makes a cameo at the beginning of Fairy Godmother's, asleep. Voiced by André Sogliuzzo.
- Mongo: The giant brother of Gingy, he is the only non-playable character to have a Hero Time, in Cookie, Cookie. Voiced by Frank Welker.
- Snow White: A princess captured in The Mines. She is kidnapped by Fairy Godmother but is rescued during Shrek and Donkey's Hero Time.
- Queen Lillian: Only seen in the storybook intro to Far Far Away, she is Fiona and Shrek's mother and King Harold's wife.
- Pinocchio: Pinocchio has one cameo in the game, in a movie still when you complete the bonus game Floating Floor.
- Fairy Godmother: The main antagonist of the game & the movie. She is determined to see her son, Prince Charming, marry Fiona even if it means Shrek falls in the process. She has help from King Harold, who owes her after she turned him from a frog to a prince for his wife Lillian. In the end, she is defeated at the ball. She appears as a boss in Fairy Godmother's and Final Fight. Voiced by Claudia Christian.
- Prince Charming: The son of Fairy Godmother and her right hand man and the secondary antagonist. He feels cheated that Fiona married Shrek and wants her hand. He is defeated at the ball. He appears as a boss in Fairy Godmother's and Final Fight. Voiced by James Arnold Taylor.
- Monsieur Hood: The leader of the Merrymen, he tries to mug the gang but fails. Voiced by André Sogliuzzo.
- Witch: A witch living on the trail to Far Far Away. She turned the horses back into mice to use in her witchery in Spooky Forest. Voiced by Vanessa Marshall.
- Lord Farquaad: The villain of the first film only makes a cameo on the path to Gingy's house as a statue fighting a statue of Dragon.
- Snails: Snails appear in Shrek's Swamp and Walking the Path as enemies who won't attack the player. They take two hits to defeat: the first hit removes their shells, and the second hit destroys them outright. Their eyeballs have to be collected in order to get snapshots.
- Turtles: Turtles appear in Shrek's Swamp. They are tougher than Snails and take multiple hits before going down.
- Merry Men: Merry Men are Monsieur Hood's henchman. They appear in Shrek's Swamp.
- Hoodlums: Vicious villagers who appear in a variety of levels. They take multiple hits before going down and appear in red, blue and green variants.
- Rats: Rats appear in a variety of levels. They go down in one hit, but almost always appear in groups.
- Knights: Knights are some of the main recurring enemies in the game and appear in a variety of levels. They come in several variants with different weapons, such as swords or spear-and-shield combos. There are also larger, fatter variants who cannot be attacked until their pants fall down.
- Trolls: Giant trolls who like attacking innocent bystanders and stealing jewelry. They appear in Far Far Away, Walking the Path and Prison Break. They can only be damaged by deflecting their bombs back at them, as they are immune to normal attacks. Voiced by André Sogliuzzo.
- Pumpkins: Pumpkins brought to life by the Fairy Godmother's magic in Walking the Path. They come in two variants: small pumpkins that go down in one hit and larger pumpkins capable of taking much more damage and generating smaller pumpkins.
- Fish: Fish appear as enemies in Puss in Boots' Hero Time during Walking the Path. They will attempt to jump at Puss whenever he walks on a tightrope.
- Factory Workers: Workers at Fairy Godmother's potion factory. They attack by throwing potions.
- Spiders: Giant spiders that appear in Prison Break and The Mines. They come in two variants: small spiders that go down in one hit and large spiders that can take much more damage and generate smaller spiders. Small spiders can also be generated from eggs until they're destroyed.
- Frogs: Frog warriors found in The Mines. Green variants attack at close range with their tridents, while orange variants attack from afar with trumpets that fire blasts of energy.
- Stone Warriors: Giant stone statues brought to life by the Fairy Godmother's magic in The Mines. They attack by swinging their axes, and can only be attacked once left vulnerable after attacking. They come in two variants: stone and gold. Gold variants are more durable than stone variants. Voiced by Frank Welker.
- Prison Break is the only chapter not to feature Shrek and Donkey as playable characters.
- Human Shrek & Horse Donkey is the only character not to be playable in any of the bonus games.